This Month’s Tips
Tune up lawn mower and garden equipment before the busy season begins.
Have soil tested to determine its nutrient needs. Here is a list of Laboratories Serving Oregon: Soil, Water, Plant Tissue, and Feed Analysis (EM 8677).
- Prune and train grapes; make cuttings.
- Prune fruit trees and blueberries.
- Prune deciduous summer-blooming shrubs and trees.
- Sign up for one of our hands-on pruning workshops.
- Good time to plant fruit trees and deciduous shrubs. Replace varieties of ornamental plants that are susceptible to disease with resistant cultivars.
- Plant seed flats of cole crops (cabbage, cauliflower, broccoli, kale, and Brussels sprouts), indoors or in a greenhouse.
- Monitor landscape plants and lawns for problems. Don’t treat unless a problem is identified. Contact us with your questions.
- Read more monthly gardening tips from OSU Extension