Greetings! Thank you for visiting the Marion County Master Gardener Association website. The MCMGA is a non-profit organization dedicated to helping home gardeners in Marion County learn about the science, art, and joy of gardening by providing a variety of education and outreach programs. You can find Master Gardener volunteers at the Extension Office Plant Clinic, educational workshops, local Farmers’ markets, and other Master Gardener events.
The Master Gardener Plant Clinic is open Monday-Friday from 9am-1pm and volunteers are available to answer your questions. Our office is in the Marion County Extension Office at 1320 Capitol St NE, Suite 100, Salem OR 97301. You can also email questions along with your pictures to: email@example.com.
This Month’s Tips
- o not walk on lawns until frost has melted
- Protect new landscape plants from wind. Use stakes, guy wires or windbreaks as needed
- Turn the compost pile and protect from heavy rains, if necessary
- Make sure that landscape plants in protected sites receive water regularly during the winter
- Check for rodent damage around bases of trees and large shrubs. Remove weeds to prevent rodents from using them as hiding places. Use traps and approved baits as necessary
Use the following the link for more December gardening tips: https://extension.oregonstate.edu/gardening/techniques/december-garden-calendar