This Month’s Tips
2. Remove spent blossoms on rhododendrons and azaleas. Apply acid-type fertilizer if needed.
3. Plant dahlias, gladioli, and tuberous begonias in mid-May.
4. Plant chrysanthemums for fall color.
5. When soil temp is consistently above 70 degrees – plant snap and lima beans, Brussels sprouts, cantaloupes, cucumbers, dill, eggplant, kale, peppers, pumpkins, summer and winter squash, onions, potatoes, tomatoes, and watermelon.
6. Read more monthly gardening tips from OSU Extension.